Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 30

I heard a statistic the other day that said thankful people, people who give thanks for something or someone every day, are 25% happier than people who don't!  That seemed like such a "DUH" thing to me, but I still think it's pretty neat that scientists have proven it.  Hah!

So, today, I'm giving thanks for someone major.  Actually, two someones.

This 30th day of November and the last of my Thirty Days of Thankfulness posts for the year, I am firstly (I don't think I've ever actually said the word firstly in a sentence) thankful for our sweet Hadley.  She made us a mommy and a daddy, and we miss her every day.  She was a perfect blessing, and we can't wait to see her again one day.  Secondly, I am thankful for Hadley's brother or sister currently taking up residence in my uterus.
Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, we are expecting.
I am excited and happy and a huge bundle of nerves.
I cry at the drop of a hat.
I'm exhausted beyond belief.
I've had some morning sickness, and my already-bad gag-reflex has been ridiculously heightened.

And, it's all worth it.

Our immediate families and our close friends have known for a few weeks.  We recently shared the news with my coworkers and with our friends in our class at the gym.  But, I've really wanted to keep the news of our newest blessing to ourselves for as long as possible.  It was partly out of fear and partly out of selfishness.  Neither of which I'm proud of.  I just wanted to cling to the sweetness of the knowledge for as long as we could before the questions and the sympathetic glances came our way.  To be fair, now that so many people know, I've realized that our friends and family are pretty darn awesome.  They have offered continuous words of encouragement, tons of prayer, and lots of hugs and shared tears.  They're walking this journey with us, and we feel so very loved.

God is good, and we are very aware that His plan is perfect.  No matter HOW BADLY I want to control this pregnancy, I know that I have absolutely no control.  And my control-freak nature is rebelling something fierce, y'all.

I will share this journey with you, too, Friends.  I covet any and all prayers because prayer is a powerful thing, and our Mighty God loves to hear the petitions of and for His people.

I have a sweet (though blurry) ultrasound, but my photo software is being updated right now and won't allow me to mess with the photos I have in there.  I go back to the doctor on Monday, so hopefully I'll have a clearer picture to post next week.

Thanks so much for walking with us.

Comments

  1. Yay! Finally! I was wondering if you'd end your 30 days with this! We are all very excited and anxious for you! No matter what we're always here for you and Spencer. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating whether or not to, due to my crazy nerves, but I just decided to do it and hope that lots of people would pray :)

      Delete
  2. Somehow I knew you would end your "Thirty Days of Thankfulness" with this wonderful news!! We are so very excited for you and Spencer. Your precious Hadley is never far from my thoughts, but I can't wait to hold your sweet new baby. Tears of happiness are beginning to flow, so I'll close before I short out the keyboard!!! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you both, and will be praying for you in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I cried a few tears too! Happy ones.,.,even though I do not know you IRL, as a fellow sister in Christ, I will rejoice with you! AND pray for God's protection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet fellow sister in Christ! And, thank you for your prayers. Sooo appreciated!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing