Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 20

Today was a GORGEOUS day.  I wish I could have spent more of it outside!

Day 20:


The twentieth of my Thirty Days of Thankfulness posts is focused on friends.

Besides The Husband, my best bud Kelli is my closest friend.  We've known each other since sixth grade; that means we've known each other for over 18 years.  We are SO old.   We know so much about each other (bad and good), and she has been there for me at almost every major event in my life.   I will NEVER forget how she drove hours to be with us in the hospital, how she held my hand, hugged me close, and wished aloud that she could do something, anything to remove the physical and emotional pain when we lost Hadley.  She is such a dear friend, and I really can talk to her about anything.  I think and hope she feels the same!  Don't you think we should plan some sort of fabulous trip to celebrate our twentieth year of friendship, haha?!  We deserve it for persevering through some of the most RIDICULOUS arguments in middle school and high school! This picture is pretty old, but it's one of my favorites of us!  We were on our way out the door to the Christmas Eve service at my parents' church.  


My girl Tina is my closest friend here.  She's a little bit older and adds a bit of maturity to our friendship, which means I can go to her for lots of advice! :)  I love her!  She welcomed me into her family almost six years ago, and I will be forever grateful for her generous and loving spirit.  She's strong and compassionate and loves the Lord.  Plus, she home-schooled her kids successfully, and I totally will use her as an amazing resource one day! This is another old picture (maybe five years old??), but that's us--a couple of turkeys when you get us together :)


I've known my sweet friend, Angela, since we were in elementary school and lived around the corner from one another.  We were reminiscing the other night about all the things we used to love to do in our neighborhood.  We were explorers, haha!  We loved playing in the field behind my house and climbing trees.  We rode our bikes and walked her dogs.  She's a dear friend, and I know God has chosen and is preparing a wonderful man for her right this minute.


I also have a small group of friends both at work and at church who are so dear to me.  Whether it's someone to talk to after a long day at work, or grabbing a smoothie/coffee at Starbucks after choir,  or standing around Tina's kitchen after Bible study, these gals (and guys!) are wonderful, sweet people and truly some of my dearest friends--several of them were in our wedding, and most, if not all, of them were there to help us celebrate!  We have such a great time together that it's rather hard to part company when the time comes, even when we have to get up early the next day!  I love them, and I hope the friendships we've formed only continue to grow and strengthen!

So, today, I'm thankful for my friends.

Comments

  1. Yes, you have been and continue to be blessed with wonderful friends. Friendship is definitely a "gift" that keeps on giving!! Can't wait to see you and S. tomorrow. And, sweetheart, I hope we will always be not only mother and daughter, but friends in every sense of the word. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing