23 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  23 weeks and 1 day today

Size of baby:  The Little One is 8 inches long, weighs a little over 1 pound, and is the size of a papaya.

Total weight gain/loss: I really have no idea how much I weigh at this point.  I'll visit the doctor this week, and then I can determine how much weight I've gained since finding out I was pregnant. 

Maternity clothes:  I've integrated several of the shirts The Best Friend gave me, but I'm still able to wear many of my shirts and dresses.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it through the end of May with what I have.  I'd really rather not have to purchase more dresses/shirts for work.  I feel blessed that I have been able to borrow so many things up to this point and that school will be out in just a few weeks. Then, it's shorts, tank tops, sundresses, and flip flops for this girl!

Gender:  We believe she's still a girl, and we'll find out for sure this week. :)

Movement:  I haven't felt her move much this week.  I worry that that means something could be wrong, but I'm trusting that everything is ok and that she's just still small enough to be moving in there without me knowing it.  Did I mention we'll be having an ultrasound this week?! I'm really looking forward to seeing her move lots on that screen! Would you pray that the Little One looks great and perfect and active and that all my insides are knit together like they should be?  Thank you! We appreciate your prayers more than we can ever say.

Sleep:  Sleep, for the most part, has still been going well. 

What I miss: Pretty much everything that being on "pelvic rest" prevents me from doing. 

Cravings:  Chocolate shakes and Salt and Vinegar Chips.  Saturday, our friend Hank came over to hang out and have dinner with us.  I was telling him about my cravings, and he said, "So...pickles and ice cream, huh?" Haha! Clever guy :)  Side note:  For dinner that night, I fixed blueberry pancakes (which were a bit runny and looked more like crepes) and cantaloupe.  And, we had a cheesecake pie for dessert!  Here are some pictures of some less-crepey blueberry pancakes I made a few weeks ago.  Just because.  These were pretty yummy, too, but I must say I did, in fact, enjoy the crepey version the other night. :) I'm incredibly old-fashioned when it comes to fixing these homemade pancakes ;) I follow the Bisquick recipe, add a TON of blueberries...no point in measuring, and sprinkle in some flax seed.  Sometimes, I'll add a drop of vanilla or almond extract.  As for eating them, The Husband and I differ on our pancake preparation routine.  He piles his pancakes one on top of the other...at least 5...(I'll get a picture next time), digs out a giant hole in the center, puts butter, and pours in the syrup.  A lot of syrup.  This is not one of our healthiest meals!  I, on the other hand, get two or three pancakes spread out on my plate, melt LOTS of butter on top of them, then add some shredded cheese on top of each for some extra protein.  The sweet/salty ratio of this meal is so tasty!

 

Symptoms:  I feel like this is the "Duhn, duhn, duhn...complaining section" of the post, and I don't like that.  I shouldn't complain because I'm so very blessed.  It's just difficult to be on my feet or in a chair for most of the day while my back is spasming and the tendons feel like they're popping and stretching apart in my chest.

Exercise: No gym time; praying, praying, praying that the doctor says everything looks great.  I'd love for her to give me the go-ahead to get back to at least walking/stretching/doing light weights at the gym.  I just feel so...inactive. 

Best moment this week:   I don't know that this week held a "best moment."  I mean the week wasn't terrible; nothing just stands out as spectacular.  Actually, that's not true.  Worship yesterday morning was pretty phenomenal.  I love being a member of our worship team!  So, the "best moment of the week" was worshiping together as the body of Christ.  Have a great week!

Comments

  1. You definitely have that "pregnancy glow!!" :) We continue to pray that God is keeping this sweet little one safe and sound. Can't wait to hear wonderful news from your doctor. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing