To Jack - With Love on Your 5th Birthday

Oh Buddy! How you’ve grown!
One
Two
Three
Four
Five! 


Sweet oldest boy! 
How are you already 5 years old?! 
Where have the years gone? 

You are so adventurous. 
You are so smart. 
You are so kind. 

And you are so good at testing the limits. 
And you are so wild. 
And you are so silly. 

You are so many, many things. 

You, my boy, are asking more questions about God. 
You love to count and tell me the alphabet and all of the ocean facts you’ve learned. 
You enjoy painting and creating artwork that involves monsters and dinosaurs. 
You build with your blocks and legos, but when quiet, you most love to look at books and to be read to. You could listen to books all day. ❤️

You adore your baby brother and play chase with him to his great delight. 
You love your sister, and she’s your best friend. 
You fight like cats and dogs and squeal with joy with one another mere minutes apart. 
You are my oldest, my most affectionate, my most tender-hearted, my most strong-willed. 

My prayer for you daily, Jack, is that God will pour out His great love on you. That you will always be kind and brave and strong. That you will be wise and patient and obedient to what God has called you to do. 

And I see Him working in you! 

My boy, you are my most favorite 5-year-old, and I hope (despite the fact that you cut chunks of hair off of your head this afternoon and despite the fact that there were moments that required discipline today) that you felt our love for you in big ways on this big 5th birthday! 

I love you, Jack-Jack! 💚


Comments

  1. Jack will always have a very special place in my heart because we had so much time together when he was a baby. He's loved beyond measure and I hope he always knows that. He has a great future ahead of him. Can't wait to watch it unfold. Great job, Momma! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

In the Beginning...There Was a Garden