To Jack-With Love on Your 4th Birthday


Crazy, sweet, often-disobedient, loving Jack, you are 4 years old today. 

You greet each day with silliness and laughter and loudness with your sister. 

You test the boundaries and break all of the rules. 

You have made tremendous strides in your speech this year and now talk our ears off all.  day.  long. 

You love your people, and your people love you. 

You are wild and adventurous.  Smart and creative. 
You know how to count to 20, but always skip 15. 
You know the alphabet, and you enjoy being read to and "reading" to yourself. 
You love to sing the books of the New Testament song, and you enjoy learning about people in the Bible, especially Jesus. 

 

You love to eat, and eating at a restaurant makes your day.  Grandpa and Nana took us out to eat for your birthday today at your favorite place, and you were a picture of grins as you and Daddy and Ella watched the boats out on the river and played washers and ran around and as Nana and Grandpa and Oliver and me all stood around sweating haha!


As we sat munching on our food, you turned to me and said, "Mommy, this is the best birthday ever."  Simple things make you happy. On the way home, you said to no one in particular, "Today is my birthday, and I got all these things.  A new chair, new books, and a new meal at the restaurant!!"
I hope simple things always bring you delight.

 

You don't get our undivided attention often, and you crave it, so I'm almost glad (almost) that you've given up naps so that you and I can spend some time together (I am glad, however, that you go to bed earlier now, haha ;)).

You can be such a sweet, affectionate little guy, and I hope you retain that sweetness in this sometimes-harsh world.  My boy, I hope you see the beauty in each day and the gift that it is.  I hope you also know that you are such a gift to Daddy and me, and we thank God for letting us be your parents. 

Four years ago today, you made us parents. 
You came into this world and made ours lives completely and utterly different and completely and utterly perfect.  We love you.
 

Comments

  1. What you wrote about Jack was simply beautiful. My mind immediately went back to being the mother of three young ones and those early years of such important growth. Now I'm getting to do it all over again with my grandson and it is such pure sweet, sweet joy. As you described Jack it brought back many wonderful memories about Trey as a little boy. Oh the stories I could tell (just ask Sandra, lol).
    Happy birthday Jack, what a wonderful mother and father you have you are such a blessed, sweet, beautiful and perfect young man. And it is an honor to be a part of watching you grow up !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jack ! What a sweet and precious young man you are becoming. It's an honor and privilege to be a part of watching you grow up. Reading the touching words that your Mamma wrote about you immediately brought back memories of my own three little ones and of course the memories of your daddy growing up as well. Oh the stories I could tell, lol. But I'll let your Nonny fill you in on those. I hope you had an awesome birthday, from the pictures it looks like you did. I pray that as you grow, surrounded by the love of your family and friends, God will keep you, protect you, shine his light upon you and clearly direct your path. Also, may He bless you abundantly, throughout your life Jack !
    Again, happy birthday. And here's to many more to come !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our Jack. He has been such a blessing to our family. May he continue to grow in his love for Jesus and to always love all of God's creations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing