These Summer Days

This week has been a good but hot one. 
Thursday, The Husband and I went on a date to a shooting range :). It was SO loud in there, but I had a lot of fun learning how to shoot and watching my husband, who is an EXCELLENT shot. 
My targets hehehe (I did NOT do those scattered shots at the top...those were test shots by The Husband before handing me the gun. Just wanted to make it clear that I'm not THAT sucky of a shot) ;)
And his! Pretty impressive :)
Unfortunately, the night ended with him having a major migraine headache, but the afternoon together beforehand was really nice. The kids and I spent a lot of time outside, and they got to try their first flavored ice. I may have had 5 or 6 that day....Thanks, sweet neighbors, for giving those yummy treats to us LAST summer, hahahaha! They've been waiting patiently in our freezer for just the right day :) Those things sure are tasty. 
Friday, we just lazed about after a morning of yearly well-check appointments for the kiddos. Nothing super exciting going on. What? You don't ride your child-sized basketball goal like a rocket ship with your sibling? Oh. 
Today, we celebrated my sister's birthday a few days early. Our three families met at one of her favorite Mexican food restaurants and pigged out. 
This girl right here passed out as soon as she laid down in her quiet, cool, dark room. So big and so little all in one picture. 
This afternoon was another sweltering one. Pool time cooled the kids off, and they worked hard at keeping my feet cool  while I watched. :)
I hope you're staying cool, too! 

Comments

  1. So glad we were all able to get together to celebrate early Beth's birthday. It was a lot of fun! Such thoughtful children to cool your feet. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing