Thankful Thursday (3/24) - Maundy Thursday

Today is Maundy Thursday.  It's the day that Christians remember the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind.  It's the day we reflect on the cross.  

I talked to Jack a lot about the cross and Jesus today.  We read books about Jesus' death and resurrection.  The kids each painted a picture of a cross for our learning activity.  He's too young to understand the importance of that symbol, but he pointed to the cross he painted and said, "Jesus cross......happy? And I smiled and said, "Yes, buddy. The cross is a happy thing.  It's a wonderful reminder of what Jesus did for us."   

Tonight, I read them God Gave Us Easter before bedtime.  This is my favorite part:

Today, Dear Readers, I'm thankful for the cross of Christ. My sins and yours were the nails that held Jesus there.  

And by that one grace-filled, love-filled, mercy-filled act, my sins are forgiven. 

Jesus didn't stay on that cross.  He didn't stay dead.  He rose.  He lives.  
As John Stott said, "We live and die.  Christ died and lived!"

And, the risen cross no longer bears the stains of death.   

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.   Do you believe this?'"   ~John 11:25-26

Comments

  1. I've always tried to fathom the kind of love Jesus had and has for us that he would hang on that cruel cross and die for our sins. A mother's love for her children may come as close to that huge love as any earthly love can. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing