Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Take Two - Day 15

I was going to write about being thankful we made it to church two weeks in a row, and then Jack fell and busted his lip wide open 10 minutes before we had to leave. I spent all of that time cleaning up the blood and dealing with the sobbing and then another 10 minutes with him on my lap refusing to stop crying. This means that Ella did not get woken up from her nap or get changed and dressed until 15 minutes after the church service had already begun. Then, when I explained to Jack that we would not be able to go, he lost it again and hasn't truly recovered. He's an emotional mess this morning, and pretty much everything disappoints him. 
I'm not great either. I never dress up anymore because, really, the only people I see all day long are my children on a daily basis, so Sunday mornings are my one day a week to feel "pretty." 
But, not today. Back in sweats I go on this chilly morning. 
So, today, I'm thankful that I have the option to freely worship in a corporate environment with fellow sisters and brothers in Christ, whether or not I'm able to actually attend.  

Comments

  1. We're sorry Jack busted his lip! I hope it will be much better by tomorrow. I'm sure you read Bible stories to Jack and Ella and worshiped God in that way. Taking care of Jack and little Ella is what you needed to do today. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing