Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Take Two - Day 11

It's Veterans Day.
I've seen pictures of poppies filling up my FB feed, and I was curious about their meaning. Though it's a mostly European/U.K. thing, I think it's a beautiful sentiment. 
"Mr Godsmark explained: 'The red represents the blood of all those who gave their lives, the black represents the mourning of those who didn’t have their loved ones return home, and the green leaf represents the grass and crops growing and future prosperity after the war destroyed so much.'”

I'm so very thankful for the men and women who have served this country at home and abroad. I'm thankful for the freedom I have because of them, and I'm especially proud of the men and women in my family who have served:  Papa, Uncle James, Uncle A.D., Aunt Joan, Melvin, Chris, Uncle Gus, and Uncle Ronald (I apologize if I've forgotten anyone! Send me a message if I did, and I'll fix it!). 

The men and women who serve this country use their gifts and talents in a mighty and admirable way. What a blessing they are!

So, today, I'm thankful for the veterans who have served in years past and also for the men and women who continue to serve. May God bless and keep you. 

Comments

  1. I believe you covered everyone on our side of the family. What about on Spencer's side of the family? Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing