Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Take Two - Day 10

I'm thankful for good books today. 

Books that pull you in and keep you there until your eyes just won't stay open any longer. Books that are filled with language and imagery. Books that make you think and imagine and discover. Books that make you feel, especially books that leave you sad when you reach that last page. 
I'm reading this book (the third and final book in the series), and it's kept me turning page after page when I should have been folding laundry or cleaning the bathroom while my children slumbered. Good books make you forget where you are and what you should be doing. :)
I've read some truly fantastic books this past year, and I can't wait to read more. My son asks me to read book after book to him, and Ella enjoys being read to, especially when I use different voices and facial expressions. I hope they both develop a love of reading and that it grows as they do. 
Do you have favorite books? Any recommendations to add to my list?

Comments

  1. So glad I instilled the love of reading in you and Beth. My problem now is that I spend more time reading posts, looking at friends' grandchildren's pictures and chatting with people I don't get to see very often instead of reading a good book. But, I do enjoy my "Reader's Digest" every month! LOL Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing