Garden Ravioli

So, Saturday I wanted to try something new in the crockpot. I didn't have a recipe, but I had lots of things to work with.  
I had a couple of jars of pasta on the shelf, a thing of stuffed ravioli and a bag of spinach in the freezer, and a box of cream cheese and a container of feta in the fridge. I wish I had some mushrooms, but there's always next time. 

Ingredients:
~ 1 20 oz package ravioli (mine was stuffed with four cheeses)
~ 2 23.7 oz jars of Florentine Spinach & Cheese 
~ 3 oz of feta cheese
~ 1 8 oz box of cream cheese - cubed
~ 1 12 oz package of frozen spinach 

I started with one jar (23.7 oz) of Florentine Spinach and Cheese pasta sauce. 
I cubed a thing of cream cheese and tossed them in. 
Then, I added the frozen spinach (12 oz). 
Next, I poured in the package of frozen tortellini (20 oz--it's refrigerated when I buy it, but I stick it in the freezer, so it will last longer.)
I, then, guesstimated and poured on about 3 oz of feta cheese on top. 
Finally, I added the second jar of pasta sauce. I swirled around a few ounces of water in the jar to get the extra sauce out no poured that over everything to add a bit of moisture. 
I set it on "low" for 5 hours, stirring everything around 3 1/2 hours in. 

It turned out so tasty, and The Husband said it reminded him of a garden salad. He called it Garden Ravioli, and the name stuck. I'll add in mushrooms next time for some extra flavor, but overall, I think it turned out really, really well. It got a thumbs-up from the four adults and two toddlers who ate it that night, and we had leftovers for at least one more night. 

Comments

  1. It was delish!!!! Another recipe to add to your cookbook! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing