Pizza Casserole

Earlier in the week, I called my parents and invited them to join the kids and me for dinner Saturday evening while The Husband worked.
I have a two-week meal plan already set up, so I knew what I was making ahead of time, and I was pretty excited to prepare it because I've only made it once before, and it turned out yummy that first time. I doubled the recipe this time to feed three adults and two little ones and to have enough left over for another meal. 
I made this up (although I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this recipe or something really similar), so the measurements aren't precise.

Here's the recipe, with pictures, if you'd like to try it out. It's super easy!

Pizza Casserole

Ingredients:
~2 cans of crescent rolls (16 total)
~1 jar (45 ounces) of the pasta sauce of your choice (I used fresh mushroom, and I've used the same jar for making this dish twice and still had enough left over for a third dish)
~1 large container of feta cheese 
~1 package of pepperoni (or the meat of your choice or the veggies of your choice)
~1 bag of the finely shredded cheese of your choice (I used the fiesta blend)

Start with a 9x13 oven-safe dish and spray with non-stick cooking spray. 
Unroll first can of crescent rolls (8) and lay flat on the bottom of dish. Try to make the sheet of crescents cover the bottom without pulling them apart. I try to curve the ends up the sides of the dish a little bit. 
Next, pour on some sauce and spread evenly. I'm not a huge fan of sauce, so you'll see there's not a ton there , but if you are, go to town!
Then comes the feta cheese. I LOVE feta, so I used quite a bit for that layer. It melts well and adds such a nice flavor. 
I used turkey pepperoni for the next layer, but this layer could be veggies if you're not a big fan of meat, or this could be your super meaty layer if pepperoni isn't enough. I think next time I'll add some black olives or spinach to this layer. 
Next, add three or four big handfuls of shredded cheese. We like cheese around here, so I used a lot in this recipe. Use your own judgement when it comes to those layers ;)
Then, unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top without separating them. There's not much you can do with it other than try to make sure it's centered on top of the other layers. 
Pour on some more sauce and spread it evenly. 
Finally, top it all off with two or three big handfuls of shredded cheese. 
Pop the dish, uncovered, in the oven for 25 minutes at 375*. 
And, voila! 
My parents brought over salad fixings and brownies, and I think it all turned out super tasty!  
Let me know if you try it and if you change anything. I'm all about changing up recipes to fit your family's tastes--I do it all the time!

Comments

  1. We both enjoyed your delicious pizza casserole. You need to start compiling a cookbook with all these glorious how-to instructions and pictures. Thank you for the lovely dinner; we always enjoy sharing a meal with y'all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing