Testing the Waters - Part II

These little people did beautifully last night :) He was so very excited to have her in the room with him, and I had to keep explaining that he had to be very quiet when we went in so that she wouldn't wake up. Well, she wasn't quite asleep when I brought him to his bed, so she cried when I left the room. But that lasted less than a minute, and we never heard a peep from them the rest of the night. 
Fingers and toes crossed for another good night and maybe a later wake-up call (*ahem* Ella) tomorrow morning for this momma who was so anxious she barely slept a wink. 
They'll still take naps in different rooms because Jack takes a longer nap, and I'd really like that to continue, but I'm really happy to have a room for just me and The Husband again. It was a very bizarre feeling to be able to go into our room last night when we were ready to go to bed and turn on a lamp and talk quietly together before sleeping.  We haven't been alone in our room for over a year.  I did miss her a little bit though :) Especially her sweet "wake-up" sounds of squealing and giggling and rolling all over her bed. Jack got to experience those instead, however, and I heard him sweetly saying her name after her noises woke him up this morning. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week, I received an email from a baby sling company letting me know I had won one of their slings. I was psyched! I NEVER win anything. Ever. 
It arrived in the mail this morning, and I'm looking forward to figuring out how to wear her in it!  It's made to be worn in the water, so I think we'll have to make at least one trip to the local pool before the summer winds down. I chose the purple, and I think it looks really pretty. 
The Husband had an interview this morning, and on his way home, he picked up these and surprised me with them. They're gorgeous. I smiled a lot this morning. 
He had to go back to work today after taking his two weeks of vacation. We had a lot of time together as a family and, most importantly, we had lots of evenings together -- something we don't get often. I have REALLY enjoyed being with him and sharing our days. I'm praying his first day back is a good one and that he's feeling refreshed from his time off. We, however, miss having him here with us already.

Comments

  1. So glad they are doing great together at night. Wouldn't you like to have a little camera in there to monitor their sweet communications. Beautiful roses! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing