Thankful Thursday (4/9)

Today, I'm thankful for my mom because she's kind of a big deal. :)
It's really hit home lately, but as the days I parent two little ones grow in number, I have started to truly realize the gift I've been given in my mother. 

We have not always seen eye to eye, and we have certainly had our moments of frustration with one another, but she has been the perfect mom for me. 

God knew I would need someone to champion me, to guide me, to love me and hug me, to lift me up when things seem bleak. 

She has been an incredible mom, and as I nurse Ella in the middle of the night, I think how thankful I am that my mom nursed me for many, many, MANY nights. She lived through my colic and her fatigue countless nights.  
As I parent my willful, curious, full-of-energy Jack, I think how thankful I am that my mom never quit when I was headstrong, inquisitive, and highly entertaining (because I've seen the videos. I was CRAZY, y'all!).

Thank you, Momma, for being patient with me all of these years. Thank you for loving me so whole-heartedly. Thank you for becoming my good friend (and my fun shopping buddy!). I love you bunches!

Comments

  1. Oh, my darling child, I love you more than you can possibly know. You and your sister have been blessings beyond measure. I do believe that it takes having children of your own to understand fully a mother's love, and that you will always be their champions! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing