I <3 Crockpot Meals

Oh, y'all. 
As a mommy to an 18 month old and an almost 6 month old, I feel I'm fairly busy. 
The days The Husband works afternoons-into-evenings are definitely the hardest for me. It's really nice to have help with dinners, baths, and bed-time routines. But, there are three days when I do those things on my own, and in order to preserve a small amount of my sanity, I make a crockpot meal for one of those nights (and we eat the leftovers the next night). Today, Monday, happens to be one of those days. I'm tired already thinking about tonight, haha!

Anywho. 

One of my all-time favorite crockpot recipes came from this websitewhich I found on Pinterest.  I changed it up, and we all love it. This morning, The Husband saw I was getting out the ingredients before he headed to work, and he left with a grin on his face. (Side note - I'm not a huge fan of meat, but if you are, check out her recipe instead. Or use mine and add whatever meat you want!). 

So, here's my take on Spinach Tortellini. 

You'll need:

One bag of frozen or fresh spinach 
One bag of frozen or fresh tortellini
One or two blocks of cubed cream cheese - I use two
Half to one whole can (I chop up a bunch for Jack to munch on while I make it) of quartered medium black olives - drained
Two cans of Italian style diced tomatoes -
drained
One box or 4 cans of vegetable broth
Put all of the ingredients in your (lined--makes clean-up soooo easy) crock pot on low for 5 to 6 hours.
I let everything cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, stir all the goodies well to get the cream cheese mixed in, and then continue cooking it for another hour. 
It's seriously a favorite around here, and it gets cooked once every two weeks. 

Let me know if you try it!  I'd love to hear if you liked it the way I fix it, or if you swapped/added items!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy!! You'll have to fix it for us sometime (maybe with a little meat on the side for your dad). Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing