Thanksgiving 2014

Look what was just dropped off at our front door :) Not literally dropped. Handed. 
Have I mentioned we have the NICEST neighbors ever?!

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow evening with my folks, but this was a sweet surprise today! Guess we'll have a little Thanksiving today after all :)

That's his "open the crayon box Mommy" face. 



Cleaning up the backyard has been the chore of the day. Well, The Husband's chore. I've stayed inside with the kiddos ;). You know, because someone needs to, right? Thanks, Dad, for letting him use the chainsaw!

He's never still lol! I kept trying to get a shot of his outfit (my favorite! I love those little consignment shop-find jeans!), but he wouldn't stop moving. Oh well :)

And, because it's Thanksgiving, which means it's fall (although it's not very fall-ish weather today here in these parts), I thought I'd fix some Hot Dr. Pepper (half a can to a whole can of Dr. Pepper heated in a mug; drop in a few slices of lemon, stir, enjoy the fizzy goodness!) while the little ones nap. 
Well, this little one just woke up ;)



Anywho. My drink will have to wait. 

Is that a thing where you're from? It's so tasty, and I grew up with my parents making it on cold fall/winter nights as a special treat.  I'm not sure where they got the idea from, but it's a tradition I plan on keeping (even if The Husband thinks it's weird!). 

------------------

Ok, both kids are napping now, so I'm going to enjoy my drink and the beautiful, quiet afternoon.  Maybe I'll start re-reading The Fault in our Stars ;)



Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. We'll see you soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Hot Dr. Pepper! ...and I'm a huge DP fan! ...but with the lemon added, it sounds like DIY Mr. Pibb, which is basically Dr. Pepper plus lemon, as a soda.

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about Mr. Pibb! I used to drink those at my grandmother's house and thought they were pretty tasty :). Guess that's why I like Hot Dr. Pepper!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing