Thankful Thursday (10/24)

Today, I'm thankful for the 12 nights prior to last night. 
The twelve nights where Jack slept through the night. 
The twelve nights where I wasn't jarred from a deep sleep. 
The twelve glorious nights of rejuvenating rest. 
But. 
I'm also thankful for last night. 

You see, I got to spend a half hour with my baby in the wee small hours of the morning when all else was still and quiet. 
Watching his smiling face as I changed his super wet diaper and very moist pajamas. 
Trying to rock him unsuccessfully back to sleep. 
Listening to him coo with delight as I held him. 
Nursing him to help fill his tummy enough to relax. 
Falling back to sleep in my own bed as his coos came softer and further apart over the monitor. 

Today, I'm grateful for the nights of sleep AND for the nights with Jack.

Because he's only this little once. 

Comments

  1. Yes, sweetheart, enjoy all those moments. He is precious at any hour of the day or night and, you are right, he is only this little for a very short time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing