The 4th and Several Other Things

It seems like I can only get one post in a week. I wonder why? :)
The Husband had a long weekend, so we drove down to visit my parents on the 4th. We stayed through Sunday, and other than having to sleep on the couch with Jack next to me in the rock 'n play, it was a great visit.

The Husband was feeling particularly patriotic :)


We headed to The Bestie's house for a visit. Because The Husband and I were too chicken to do it, she trimmed Jack's nails for us!  She rocks. 


I think these leg-warmers are deliciously cute on him! I also love this picture of his tiny feet with my dad's hand. 


We had lots of tummy time practice this weekend--the baby not us. Three generations :)
And, hello matching stripes!


...And bunches of naps. 
Unfortunately, he didnt quite get this nap out before visiting with my sister and her family. He was one grumpy little man!


We even had time to hang out with friends.
The Husband took this shot. Neat perspective!


We've already arranged their marriage ;)


The Bestie's little one likes hanging out with her Uncle Spencer!


I asked The Bestie to show me how to use the sling she gave us.  It's a Baby K'tan.  Here we are trying to figure out the directions on their website.  Once we got it on and got him situated, he seemed to really like it :)  And, by "like it," I mean he fell asleep.
I love the confused expression on my face.  I had no idea what the heck I was doing.


After a long drive back on Sunday (we stopped by to see The Husband's grandpa on the way), we finally made it back home.  My two guys were worn out.  I was, too, but I had tons of laundry to do so that The Husband would have clothes to wear to work :)


Tuesday morning, we headed out to see Jack's pediatric cardiologist.  Here we are waiting patiently.


I don't know what it is about new places, but he always does such a good job at staying content.  This is him after a diaper change.


The doctor had an ACG done to watch his heart rhythm.  No, he wasn't happy.  But, thankfully, the test only lasted for a few minutes.


The doctor came back in and gave us the good news:  his heart looks great!  No abnormal rhythms detected whatsoever!  The doctor does want to see him one more time in six months to make sure everything still looks good though.  But, I'm not worried!  We've been sending up prayers of thanks since we got the great news!

Wednesday, we hung out at home and had a pretty lovely day (the evening not so much...).  We had more tummy time in the afternoon.  He usually doesn't mind it (unless he's super tired).
Side note--People ask me how the cats are doing with him.
Do you see the lack of curiosity? 
Yeah, they ignore him.


Thursday, Jack turned one month old! How did we celebrate??? We went to my OBGYN appointment! Yay! Haha, seriously, he did a great job there, too.  He nursed and got a diaper change (and peed ALL OVER EVERYTHING).  He got a little fussy just as the doctor came in, so she encouraged me to hold him.  He fell asleep during the exam! He's a funny guy.


Here he is while we waited for the doctor to join us.  I know I've said it before, but we LOVE my doctor.  I'm a little sad that it will be a whole year before I see her again! I know that's a weird thing to say about one's gynocologist!


And, now it's Friday! We're heading to the gym to do a little walking and get our day started off right. :)  Have a good one!

Comments

  1. I think you are doing wonderfully to post once a week!! I can't believe how much Jack Campbell has changed in just a few days. Those cheeks are getting sweeter and sweeter. Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing