A Schedule of Events

Several people have advised me to "schedule my day," as it were, to keep me from being bored or going stir-crazy while I'm on bed rest.  So, Monday morning, I did just that--I planned out my day.  Then, Tuesday, I tweaked it.  Yesterday, I followed it pretty closely, and this morning it totally went by the wayside.

But, I'm almost back on track. :) 

I realize I don't have to follow it precisely.  It is MY schedule, after all.  But, because I like organization, and I truly love a good schedule, I think I will enjoy sticking to it.  It seems to make my days go by quickly, and it gives me a sense of feeling productive!  Well, as productive as someone on bed rest can be.  Haha, I need a hobby.

So, here's the schedule I planned out.  As you can see, blogging didn't happen until much later this morning.  I had several phone calls and received several texts, so that threw me off (in a good way!). Much of what I do has me either lounging in this bed

or


stretching out in this new recliner my parents got us as an early Christmas present.

It's really nice to be able to sit comfortably with my feet up in different rooms.  A change of scenery does wonders!  (Currently, I'm typing this while sitting in the recliner.  It's so quiet in here, but I can hear the irritated buzzing of the wasp caught behind our shutters.  I noticed him yesterday but couldn't squash him.  So, I closed all of the shutters tight, and I'm hoping he'll just pass on his own and not figure out how to escape...he sure is angry in there...)

My Official (Yet Totally-Tweakable) Bed Rest Schedule

7:00  Wake up with The Husband
I don't really intend to do this, but his alarm wakes me up, and I have a hard time going back to sleep. 

7:15 - 8:00  Fix and eat breakfast and send The Husband on his way.
I know I shouldn't be doing this, but it's my one contribution to this household and to my husband, and I promise I sit often  (This morning I also packed a lunch for him.)

8:00 - 9:00  This is my quiet time where I listen and hash things out with the Lord. 
I also take a quick shower and read and respond to any emails I've received.

9:00 - 10:00  Bible study/read
During this hour, I read the daily chapter the congregation at our church is reading together on the 260 Live Bible Study plan.  (Another schedule!)
If any time remains, I read more of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (sooooo good!) or any of the free books I just downloaded on my Kindle (I started one yesterday...Messy Jessie). 

10:00 - 11:00  Decide what, if anything, I'd like to write about on this blog, and then do it!
I'm really enjoying being able to write consistently again.  I have lots of ideas floating around in my brain.  

11:00 - 12:00  Lunch
I also take the opportunity to watch a little TV during this time.

12:00 - 1:30  Rest
I don't normally nap, but if I fall asleep, I'm not too concerned--especially since my nighttime sleep is interrupted 4 or 5 times each night.  I just lie on my side and look out the window while I think or talk to the baby.   Yesterday, it rained a lot, so I was able to sleep for about half an hour until the phone rang :)  

1:30 - 2:30  Work on writing thank-you notes
I know I'll eventually finish those, so I'll have to find something else to do to in this hour.  

2:30 - 3:30  Read

3:30 - 4:30  Here's where my day starts to get boring.  
I'm planning on doing word searches and sudoku today to see how that works out. Yesterday and the day before I cut out coupons and planned the grocery list.   I may end up just turning on the TV some days, but I'd really like to reserve that for when The Husband comes home.  He likes to relax and watch an hour or so while he fixes, and we eat, dinner.  

4:30 - ?  Play on the internet until The Husband gets home
Pinterest, blogs, random searches of interesting topics.  
Sound desperate? Haha, close!

The rest of my evening is spent hanging out with The Husband when he gets home until we go to sleep.

Ok, my schedule isn't that exciting, but it sure is better than sitting around aimlessly wishing for something to do :)   And, like I said, phone calls and texts and emails happen and they keep me busy, too.  I won't turn those away!  I also won't turn away visits from friends!

If you were ever put on bed rest, what did you do?  Did you schedule your day or did you enjoy the freedom of having nothing "planned out?" 

Comments

  1. Well, Miss Organization Woman, I would say you have your day pretty well planned out!!! :) Whenever I was sick in the bed (which is about all the bed rest I ever had except for a week or so early in my pregnancy with you), I just loved to read and read and read. You are definitely more productive. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing