Weekend Events

Y'all, we had a wonderful, crazy-eventful weekend!  I hope yours was just as lovely :)

Friday, around noon, I received a text from my sweet friend Tina saying she had two extra tickets and wanted to know if we'd like to join them at a gala benefiting Redeemed Ministries that evening.  The Husband and I were excited because it's an organization/ministry we TRULY believe in.  I've spoken about it on here before briefly, but this ministry is one that is truly caring for "the least of these."  I am appalled at the numbers of girls in the UNITED STATES who are caught up and are then trapped in the human sex-slave industry.  Please check out their website.  Watch their videos and read about their mission.  And then, like the speaker said Friday night, pray for these girls and this organization; donate what you can to help these girls start a new, safe, redeemed life; or get involved.

A sweet little surprise was waiting for us when we got to the gala.  A guy from my home town who I went to school with (I actually graduated with his sister; she and I are a few years younger than him) and his mom (who taught/is still teaching at my high school and who went to school with my mom) were attending the gala, too.  What I didn't know was that Tim, the guy, was part of the entertainment.  His a-cappella group, Home Free, were a shear delight!  They were phenomenal.  They've performed all over the world, but this was their first time to perform in Texas.  After their performance, The Husband and I and a few of our friends went over to say, "Hi!"  It was sooo good giving his sweet mom a squeeze and catching up.  Here we are--Tim's on my right with his sweet momma :)


Another little surprise?  They'll be performing in my home town next weekend at a benefit for my high school's choir department (which I was a part of for all of my high school career), and we'll just happen to be in town for a wedding!  We'll get to (*fingers crossed*) see them perform again!  Eeek!


So, that was Friday.  Phew! I'm tired just reliving it! (Thank you, Leah, for the pictures!!)

Saturday, we slept in very late, and then I did some house work while The Husband prepared for some work stuff.  Then, we got ready for the exciting part of the day!  Dinner with friends!  We've been wanting to get together with this awesome family for months now, and we finally got the chance.  And, it was worth the wait!  They are one of the kindest families we know.  Dinner was sooo delicious (thanks to Scott (aka Dad) and Lauren!), and visiting with Lesa and Lauren was such fun.  I think The Husband had a good time, too, hanging out with the guys.  It's incredibly important for us to have godly families like them surrounding us that we can go to for prayer and advice and friendship.  They are precious to us.

Church on Sunday was uplifting and thought-provoking.  I think I cried through most of the songs :)
Sunday afternoon, The Husband's dad came over and they worked on some IT-related stuff.  I picked up my mother-in-law, and we went maternity clothes shopping.  My sweet momma gave me some clothes money last weekend, and I was finally able to put it to use!  I got five items:  a dress, a skirt, a pair of khaki capris, and two shirts.  I'm sooo excited to have some other comfortable, work-appropriate items to wear!

And, just for grins and giggles, my mother-in-law got Baby Boy this cute little outfit :) Baby Boy says, "Thanks, Nonnie!" :)


So that was our weekend.  I'm beat!  Off to get ready for bed.  I hope you have a fantastic week!

Comments

  1. I am so glad you got to hear Tim and his group sing. I had wanted to suggest we hear them at the PAC on Friday night, but I'm not sure if we can make the 7:00 PM performance since we will be having dinner with the Mc's. We'll just have to see how all this works out. I had wanted to hear them, too. So glad the rest of your weekend was wonderful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing