Perks of Pregnancy **updated with video**

**UPDATED WITH VIDEO BELOW**

Ah, pregnancy. 
(Y'all, this is an old picture.  If I were to wear that belt now, you wouldn't be able to see the buckle.  AT.  ALL.) 

I've been so very blessed this time around.  But, I will say, there are definitely some fantastic and some funky parts to this pregnancy.

I don't know whether I'm a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of girl, but I think I'll list the fantastic parts first.  Just think of it as the ice cream before the broccoli.

So, without further ado....

The Top 5 Perks

#1  I have noticed that most people are generally friendlier to pregnant gals.  There's more smiling, more engaging in conversations, more eye contact.  There's more touching, too, but right now, I'm debating on whether or not to list that one under "The Pains," hah!  

#2  To add onto #1, I've seen far more random acts of kindness.  Last week, I was at Target shopping for a cute maternity maxi dress and a new glass water bottle.  I found the water bottle, not the dress, and decided that my back had had it for the day.  There were two, TWO, lanes open with ten or so people already in each line.  I buckled down for the long haul, cupped my belly (y'all, that looks so strange written out...say it out loud, and it sounds weirder) which seems to alleviate some of my back pain...sometimes, and leaned on the cart.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a red-Target-shirt-wearing guy wave.  I looked, and he was waving at me.  He said, "Ma'am, I can check you out over here."  By  now, I was probably eighth in line, with several others behind me.  I felt super guilty to be chosen to get to a brand-spankin' new open lane, but I sure didn't hesitate!  He was pleasant as I checked out, and as I walked away, I noticed that he had closed the lane.  He had opened it just for me and then had gone back to what he was doing beforehand.  SO NICE!

#3  Food.  I can eat what I'm craving and not feel a lick of guilt.  Even two bowls of ice cream in one day can't nudge me in that ugly direction.  And even though it feels like I'm eating something at all times, I do, however, try to eat healthy.  

Here are the things I've eaten so far today:  
6:00 am  - A heaping spoonful of Greek yogurt mixed in with cereal, milk, and frozen blueberries 
7:30 am - A strawberry/banana smoothie with a spoonful of coconut oil
9:30 am - A mini Crunch candy bar - moment of weakness...I promise it won't be the last.
10:30 am - A cup of white chocolate strawberry flavored light yogurt
11:45 am - A sliced red plum and 12-14 cubes of white sharp cheddar cheese
12:15 pm - A mini bag of peanut M&Ms.  See.  I told you so.
2:00 pm - A Chocolatey Peanut Butter Granola Protein bar
3:15 pm - Another mini Crunch candy bar...*sigh*
5:00 pm - A bowl of Zesty Tomato Bisque and a cheese quesadilla
6:00 pm - A handful of mini semi-morsels from the freezer and three or four sour gummy worms--Yes, I know how sad that is and how terribly unhealthy.
It's 7:45 now, so I don't think I'll be eating anything else before bed, but I may have a glass of chocolate milk.

#4  I totally enjoy all of Baby Boy's little (and big!) movements.  My heart smiles (literally.  Doesn't yours do that??) when I haven't felt him in a while, so I talk directly to him.  I say things like "Hey _________, you awake in there?  I love you!," and almost every single time, he starts moving right away.  I'll say his name and talk to him some more, and he keeps a'kicking.  It's too stinkin' adorable.

#5  Speaking of movements...they look crazy on the outside, especially when I'm lying down.  Every time he gets going and is moving up a storm, I'll grab my camera to capture it on video.  And, what does my precious son do???  The stinker quits.  EVERY.  SINGLE.  TIME!  I try to be sneaky, Sweet Readers, but it's like his sixth sense kicks in and he knows something's up, haha!  But, I will continue trying, and as soon as I capture a good video, I'll add it to this post.  *cross your fingers!*

*Update*  I tried twice tonight to get a good video of him moving.  They were both ok, but I know if I'm patient and persistent enough, I'll get a great one that really shows off how active he can get.

**Update**
I finally got a decent video.  It's a couple of minutes long, but you do get to see one of my cats, so that should be worth it ;)



Stay tuned for The Top 5 Pains...

Comments

  1. Beth was here today when my blog reminder came across and she and I laughed and laughed at all your "perks!!" We were especially fascinated with the quantity of food you ate yesterday. LOL Baby Boy is going to like sweets!!! Can't wait to see the "movement" video and to read the Top 5 Pains of Pregnancy. Love you.

    P.S. Found some cute things today for Baby Boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the "updated video." So precious that Baby Boy responds to your voice and your touch. Thank you for sharing this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing