24 Weeks - Pregnancy #2

TODAY'S MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMA!

Each Sunday, I'd like to do a highlights post, including a picture, summarizing the differences in my pregnancy from week to week.  I totally "grabbed" this idea from Kelly.  I did this with my pregnancy with Hadley, as well, and I still think it is a great way to jot down the things that I don't want to forget later on.  I'll probably write these on Saturday nights and attach the picture the next day.  That way I can stay semi-technology free :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  24 weeks

Size of baby:  Baby Boy is 8 1/2 or so inches long (crown to rump)--the size of an ear of corn--  11 1/2 or so inches crown to feet

Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment a couple of weeks ago, I was 7 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  I weighed myself at the gym, and according to that scale, I've gained two pounds since my last appointment.  I go back tomorrow, so I'll have an accurate update then.

Maternity clothes:  Maternity jeans and shirts, regular dresses and shirts, comfy cotton shorts

Gender:  A very bouncy baby boy

Movement:  Lots of movement

Sleep:  Sleep has been good, and the extra pillows seem to be helping ease the back pain some

What I miss:  Mexican restaurant queso

Cravings:  Sweets

Symptoms:   I still have a little of the itchiness on my legs, but it's mostly gone.  This last week, I've started feeling a burning sensation in my throat while trying to go to sleep.  I did some research, and it seems that pregnancy acid reflux has hit.  It's not terrible, just uncomfortable.  I took a Tums tablet Friday night before I went to sleep, and it seemed to help.

Exercise: I did some sort of exercise six times this week--the gym, walking around our complex, and the ball exercises

Belly Button in or out: Barely in

Wedding ring on or off: On :)

Happy or moody most of the time: I've been in a pretty good mood this week!

Looking forward to: Our appointment tomorrow!  We won't have an ultrasound this time, but I am looking forward to hearing Baby Boy's heartbeat.

Best moment this week:  Sleeping late almost every day! Sooo nice!

Comments

  1. So good talking with you today. Don't you look pretty in your long skirt and green top - very St. Patrick's Day!!! :) We can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow. Glad you've had the week to rest and relax. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss my "Happy Birthday, Momma" at the top of your blog???? I just clicked on the site this morning and there it was! Thank you, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy K. It was a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing