19 Weeks - Pregnancy #2

Each Sunday, I'd like to do a highlights post, including a picture, summarizing the differences in my pregnancy from week to week.  I totally "grabbed" this idea from Kelly.  I did this with my pregnancy with Hadley, as well, and I still think it is a great way to jot down the things that I don't want to forget later on.  I'll probably write these on Saturday nights and attach the picture the next day.  That way I can stay semi-technology free :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  19 weeks 

Size of baby:  Baby Love is 6 inches long and the size of a mango.

Total weight gain/loss: At my appointment on Monday, I had gained two more pounds.  So pre-pregnancy to now, I've gained 3 1/2 pounds.
Maternity clothes:  Comfy tops, maternity shirts, Be Band, jeans, pajamas.

Gender:  Well if you missed the big announcement, we're having a BOY!  I thought we had his name, at least his first name, squared away, but The Husband has now been throwing out other names.  Grrr.  

Movement:  Baby Boy is pretty active at night while I'm lying down reading or watching TV.  His movements haven't woken me up at night yet, though.

Sleep:  Sleep has been a bit rocky this week.  I've had major allergy issues, which blocked my nasal passages completely, and therefore, required the use of a nasal steroid.  I'm on day three of the steroid and lots of Benadryl, and I'm finally sleeping a bit better.  I'm still having to sleep mostly sitting up though.  

What I miss:  Having back-pain-free days

Cravings:  My cravings seem to have backed off.  I do like the occasional chocolate shake and lately, I've been known to eat an exorbitant amount of salt and vinegar chips in one sitting.

Symptoms:   Back pain throughout the day

Exercise:  I went to the gym three times this week.  Maybe I'll make it four next week!  Doubtful though.

Belly Button in or out: In still! Yay!

Wedding ring on or off: On :)

Happy or moody most of the time: This week has been a happy week!

Looking forward to: More baby movements.  So far they're pretty limited to my lower abdomen.

Best moment this week:  Seeing our sweet baby on the ultrasound screen was wonderful!

19 Weeks

Comments

  1. I sure am sorry about the blocked sinuses - I remember having the worst cold possible right before your sister was born - sleeping in a sitting position is the pits!!!!!! :( Hope your sinuses will quit acting up. Also, I'm sorry you are having so much back pain. Can I share with you my seat and back chair vibrator? I don't use it and it might help your back muscles to relax. Just let me know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sinuses are mostly clear now. I didn't have to sleep sitting up last night! :) Thanks for the seat/back chair vibrator suggestion, but I think stretching is helping more than anything. That and not wearing snug-fitting clothing.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon :)

    You look so cute!!!! I am so excited for July to get here :)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you aren't looking for any suggestions but I just saw a name and immediately thought of you... Harper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to show one of my office co-workers. Her son's name is Harper, and her family gave her the TOUGHEST time when she had him 20-something years ago. I love the name, but I think I'd actually like it better for a girl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing