A Year in Review and a Few Resolutions

A Year in Review
I know it's a few days late, but I wanted to do a sort of year-end review of 2012.  You know--the high-lights and the low-lights.  So instead of typing something up, I created a photo collage of memorable moments.  One picture for each month last year. 



Resolutions
I've never been good at making New Year's resolutions.  And when I did make them, I'm pretty sure I didn't knowingly keep any of them.  According to the dictionary, a resolution is "a firm decision to do or not to do something."  It's the "firm" part that gets me.  And, if I'm being honest, the "decision" part gets me a little, too.  I HATE making decisions.  But, I do see the value in making a resolution or two.  Making them will require me to look back on this last year, you know, in order to actually resolve to do or not do one or two things differently this go round.  Ok, this is off the cuff, so it might take a little time and though, but here we go.

Resolution #1 - I resolve to rely on God more fully and less on my (or The Husband's) own strength.
I can't say I've done a good job of that this year (though I know there were times when it was all I could do but to hang on to Him for dear life), and I've tried to reason my way, work harder, think things through more.  Basically, I tried doing it on my own in a gigantic, foolish way.  It never worked out how I thought it should have.  If I had just relied on Him, I feel like He would have guided me/us through those situations, and my/our steps would have been surer.  So, anytime something big (or small--God's in the details!) comes my/our way, I hope I will turn to God first before turning to myself or others.  

Resolution #2 - I resolve to try to see the positive in EVERY situation before focusing on the negative. 
Sometimes, the negative is a so very in-you-face kind of real that it's quite difficult to see the "silver lining."  But, that glistening lining is ALWAYS there.  I just have to seek it out.  I can't give up and give in to that sin, that temptation to be angry and down in the mouth and grumbly.  

Phew.  That wasn't too bad!  I don't want to "firmly decide" on more than that because I'm pretty worried I won't actually see those two through!  
I *think* I shall write them on my mirror, so I can see them each morning. 

So, what about you?  Any new resolutions this year?  What's your track record with keeping them in the past?  I encourage you to make one or two.  Simply because it's a good evaluation system of things that can be worked on.  And, let's be honest here, we all have a couple of things that need some fixing up. :)

Blessings to you! 

Comments

  1. I don't ever make resolutions because I know I would never be able to keep them. :( I guess I just try to be a better person each year than I was the year before; and, hopefully, learn from my mistakes. I admire your resolutions. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing