13 Weeks - Pregnancy #2

Each Sunday, I'd like to do a highlights post, including a picture, summarizing the differences in my pregnancy from week to week.  I totally "grabbed" this idea from Kelly.  I did this with my pregnancy with Hadley, as well, and I still think it is a great way to jot down the things that I don't want to forget later on.  I'll probably write these on Saturday nights and attach the picture the next day.  That way I can stay semi-technology free :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  13 weeks

Size of baby:  The Little One is about 3 inches long and about the size of a peach.

Total weight gain/loss:  As of my last checkup, I had lost four pounds.  So, I suppose once I start gaining I'll count what I weigh currently as my starting weight and go from there. I do know that I've eaten an ENORMOUS amount of food over the last week (sadly, I'm so not exaggerating), so I'm almost positive I've gained that weight back.  We'll see next Monday when I go to my appointment.

Maternity clothes:   I have entered the world of maternity clothes, and I am fully enjoying the COMFORT.  My best friend gave me her box of maternity goodies after Christmas, and I have worn three maternity shirts this weekend alone.  I'm still in my jeans, but I've started wearing the Be Band to extend the life of my denim garments.

Gender:  At our last appointment, the technician and the doctor were both 99.9% sure of their gender guess.  I'd like to wait until I'm a little farther along, and I've had another ultrasound before making that announcement.  There's always that chance they could be wrong; though small it may be.  We're still pondering names.  Like before, I have my favorites, and he has his.  We'll see what comes of that! 

Movement:  I've felt an occasional push or kick in there, but it's very rare.  Like maybe once a week or so.  

Sleep:  I'm finally sleeping better at night.  *knock on wood*  

What I miss:  Hmmm, queso at Mexican food restaurants.

Cravings:  A cold Frosty from Wendy's or a yummy chocolate shake from The Cheesecake Factory. Both of which I've had in the last two days.

Symptoms:   I'm still beyond tired, but my morning sickness seems to have almost hit the road for good (though I have to eat pretty soon after waking up in the morning), and my emotions are less raw.  I know The Husband is secretly saying, "Thank the LORD!" Or not so secretly.

Exercise:  I've tried to do at least a few Pilates stretches each day.  :)

Best moment this week:  Feeling a few little movements Christmas Eve.    

13 Weeks (aren't those motel curtains something?!)

Comments

  1. So glad we were able to be together for Christmas and Krueger Christmas. Looking forward to your continuing pregnancy blogs - it's the next best thing to being with you. Happy New Year! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing