Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 21

Day 21 of Thirty Days of Thankfulness goes a little something like this...

I am so thankful that my husband is not a picky eater.  He will eat almost anything I fix and usually says how good he thinks it is.

I tried a new recipe today.  Not only is it new, it's also a Paleo recipe.  And, it's homemade.  AND, it's cookies.  I've NEVER fixed homemade cookies before.  Ever.

Going into it, I knew there was a very real chance they could taste horrible.  Very real, People.

I got the recipe from a gal at school.  Here it is.


And of course, I changed some things.  I've started to notice that I don't usually strictly adhere to recipes.

Hmmm.  A little bit of rebellion?

Here are all of my ingredients:  almond butter, honey, one egg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, almond extract, and mini semi-sweet morsels.
No shredded coconut.





I greased the pan with coconut oil.


Here's half of the batch sitting out to cool.  The recipe made 17 cookies because my spoonfuls were apparently waaaay too big.  They turned out giant, haha!  And gooey.  And very filling.  And pretty tasty!  


Today, I'm thankful for new recipes, the courage to try them, and a husband who will always tell me he likes what I've made. :)

Comments

  1. Somehow I missed this post. You'll have to make some more of these cookies for Christmas. You know how much your dad loves cookies (and I don't need them, but I sure like them, too)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing