Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 17

Today has been a busy, yet easy-going kind of day.  Spent in my pajamas.  No judgement.
We slept in late-ish, fixed brunch, and started checking things off the list of today's chores.

Laundry.  Four loads. Check.
Vacuum.  The whole house.   Check.
Mop.  The kitchen.  The rest later.
De-seed a pomegranate.  100s of seeds.  Two more pomegranates to go.
Make a batch of laundry detergent (see details below). Two gallon's worth.  Check!

Today, I am thankful for Pinterest.  I've gotten some of the yummiest recipes off of there (and one that was a sad failure...The Husband liked it though, so that's something!), some neat organizing and cleaning techniques, and lots of gift ideas.

One idea I grabbed off of there was this list of ingredients to make laundry detergent.   Months ago, I made my shopping list of items I needed in order to fix my own detergent, and each time I went to the grocery store, I picked up one or two of the items.   That made it much cheaper than trying to get everything all at once.

I started with the three bars of Fels-Naptha (the picture below shows only one--The Husband was hard at work grating the other two).  I then grabbed the Arm & Hammer products.  I purchased the Borax, but I had a hard time finding the 3.5lbs of Oxyclean.  I settled for the store brand instead.  Last week, we found the last item on the list:  a lovely 2-gallon glass container to put the finished product in.


Here's The Husband hard at work...using the mouse cheese grater that he got me!  He was such an awesome help with this project!


And TA-DAH!  Doesn't it look neat!  I'll let you know if it's terrible, but the reviews all sound great, so I expect it to work well.  Since I'll only use 1 to 2 tablespoons per load, it should last us a really long time, too!  Much longer than the store-bought stuff that costs an arm and a leg.  I'm pretty enthusiastic, if you can't tell. :)

So, today, Day 17 of my Thirty Days of Thankfulness posts, I'm thankful for all of the super creative people in the world.  Namely because I'm not one of them, and I need choose to steal their ideas periodically.  Thank you so much, all you crafty people!  You make my life a little simpler :)

Comments

  1. Wow, making your own detergent!!!!! You are definitely turning into "Suzy Homemaker." Can't wait to hear how clean your clothes are!! Bet you can start a little fund with the money you would have spent on store-bought laundry powder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing