These days

Well hello there!
I can't remember the last time I sat down to look at this blog or to post anything.  These first few weeks of school have been hectic but oh-so-lovely.  I am fully enjoying being the librarian at our school.  I love my library.  Oops, did I say my? I meant our :)  I am having such a nice time introducing the students to the library, giving "the tour" of  biographies and reference books and fiction and non-fiction (you know how I love to give tours!), reading and discussing books with them, and serving the school body in whatever way I can.  It's hectic.  And crazy.  And exhausting--I've now had all eighteen classes in the library, plus an assortment of upper school kiddos and parents and teachers.  Y'all, it's wonderful!
The library itself is slowly coming together.  The online book catalog is not quite up to par yet, and I've still got piles of books to tape and barcode and input.  But I think it looks nice so far!  I didn't want to change much--the former librarian did such an amazing job of organizing and decorating!  But I did want to put my own touch on it, you know?




Life, other than that, has been going pretty smoothly.

My sweet friend Angela turned the big 3-0 a few weeks ago, and The Husband and I were able to make the drive to help her celebrate the following weekend.  Here we are!  Love those girls!  Haha, I guess we're not quite girls anymore!

While there, we got to spend time with my parents.  It was a very quick trip but well worth it.

 I'm reading three books right now, and they're all excellent:  Red (with The Husband) by Ted Dekker, Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, and A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers.  They're all so very different that I'm not having trouble keeping up with the varying story lines, but it is hard to choose which one I want to lose myself in when I have a free moment!  I'll probably be choosing A Voice in the wind (the 500+ page book that I got from the library) more often.  The one that they wouldn't let me renew. I'm almost 100 pages in, though, so even though it will be close, I think I'll be able to finish in time!

I found the prettiest nail polish while grocery shopping the other day.  It was the only one of its kind on the shelf, and I paid less than $2 for it.  I adore how it looks, and I'm excited that I got such a great color for such a low price! It's called "Total Flirt," and the brand is Pure Ice. It's prettier in person :)


The Husband has been doing a bit of contract work for a man at church and more interning up at the school the last month or so.  Both were huge learning experiences for him, and I couldn't be prouder of the man God is molding him to be.   He started a new job yesterday, and although it's not full-time like we had hoped, it's still one more step in the right direction.  He'll be doing IT work for a local IT/website company, and he's looking forward to working there.  I'm struggling with feeling thankful when we had hoped for something different.  I know God is working all things together for our good; it's so hard being patient and not being disappointed when something doesn't turn out the way we had planned.  That's life, right?  I see that very thing in the children I'm with at school each week...that struggle between being asked to be content with the task or the object being given to us and wanting something different all at the same time.  But, I have to keep reminding myself that God's ways are not my ways, and He is good.  His nature doesn't change one day to the next.  I tend to see God not as I should see Him.  In my mind, I often cover up the way I see God with the way I see man.  Though man may fail us time and time again, God does not.  Though man can be greedy and hard-hearted, God is neither.  His goodness doesn't vacillate day to day.  He's steady; His goodness is constant.  After typing all of that, I am reassured and thankful. :)



I suppose that's it for life news.  I hope you're having a great week; the weekend is almost here!


Comments

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new role as librarian. I always knew, if you were given the chance, you would be a wonderful librarian (your love of books can only help to spark that love in your many students)! God continues to work in both of your lives - isn't it exciting!!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing