The Fourth

What did y'all do to celebrate the 4th? 
The Husband and I celebrated with a few of our friends, and we had such a great time! We went over to Tina and Darryl's house after lunch and were joined by Lesa and her family.  
We swam--well I put on a bathing suit...but the sun just wouldn't stay out, so I never actually got in the pool, haha!  It was the coolest (as in temperature) 4th of July I can ever remember! 
We ate delicious food.  
We played fun games: Empire--The Husband won!  Quelf--Have y'all ever played that game? It's crazy!! Every time someone drew a card, The Husband and I had to clap our hands, twirl them around, and say, "Abracadabra!" Catch Phrase--The ladies killed it! We won all but one game!
We fought the traffic to watch fireworks with thousands of other people and just generally enjoyed one another's company.  Thank you, sweet friends, for inviting us over! We love you guys! 

The Husband, Tina, and Lesa
 Ryan (my man-of-honor!) and me




  Playing Catch Phrase!
 Ryan's "sweet" hat
 I'm not quite sure what's happening here....

 Still playing Catch Phrase :)

 Lauren took this picture.  I'm not sure why... :)
 Tina! Love her.



 This last one is my favorite shot.  
Because it's so, well, us :)
Goodness I sure love him!

I hope you all had a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends!
I'm so very thankful for all that day stands for and for the men and women who have bravely fought so hard for our country's freedom.
I feel very, very blessed to live where I do.

Comments

  1. Looks like y'all had a wonderful 4th of July!!!! Where did you go so see the fireworks? We heard the ones going off at the park until very late (sounded like canon fire overhead), but too many trees between our house and there for us to see them without getting out with the mosquitoes!!! :( You are truly blessed with super friends. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing