Breakfast revealed

There were some very close and very yummy-sounding guesses (Jennifer, you were the closest! 10 points to you!) on the  last post!  Good job, y'all!

I'm eating the very same breakfast right now, and I just can't tell you how much I enjoy it.  It fills us up  in a healthy, delicious way.  We like it so much that we've even had it for an after-the-gym-before-bedtime snack!

The first ingredient (that all who took a guess got right) is two big spoonfuls of Greek yogurt.  We buy the vanilla flavor.  It has lots of protein!  
The second (one of you guessed right!) is a handful (though I don't actually pour them into my hand because it's way too messy) frozen blueberries.  Good carbs!
Third, I chop up (in my magic bullet blender!) lots of cashews! No one guessed this ingredient, but I would say it's my favorite one.  I love the flavor cashews adds to the mix.  
And fourth, I sprinkle in some (a couple of you got this one!) sunflower seeds.  It's a good source of magnesium!
I stir everything together.  Voila!
And enjoy every. last. bite.   

If you try it out, or if you take something away and add in something different, I'd love to hear about it! My mom's chocolate chip idea (thought less healthy, haha) sounded so yummy!

Comments

  1. That sounds great! I had to stare long and had at the original picture before making my decisions. At first it looked a lot like the oatmeal, brown sugar, ground flax seed & blueberries I typically have for breakfast. If you want to make your own yogurt, here's a great <a href="http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html>crockpot recipe</a>. I make it at least twice a month. You can always strain the yogurt through a cheesecloth for a more "Greek-like" yogurt. I use Fage Total Greek yogurt as a starter.

    (Jennifer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my link didn't work! Looks like I left out a bit of code! :P

    (Jennifer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess we'll need to stock up on all these nutritional items for your visit!!! :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing