A couple of things

I have just a couple of things to share with y'all, and then I need to get back to cleaning.

One:
My best friend since sixth grade will be here in less than 24 hours!! I have been counting down the days until she arrives (with her sweet baby girl). She'll be here until Friday afternoon, and I'm so thrilled that we get to spend some time together.  Y'all, this girl has been like a sister to me for over 18 years.  We've been there for each other in the best and worst of times.  All I had to do was say, "please come," and she packed up and drove hours to be with me the day I delivered Hadley.  All day, she sat in that room or slept in the waiting room.  She cried with me and held me.   She spent hours with me on the phone afterward.  She's the kind of best friend every girl should grow up with.  I can't believe we've known each for almost 19 years and that our friendship is still as strong as it is today.  We can talk about anything and everything, and the greatest part about our friendship is that we can go for months without seeing each other and still pick right back up as if it's only been hours.  I love that girl. 
I have been utterly and completely blessed by the friends God has placed in my life.  A few of them I've known since elementary school.  Several I've only known for the last six or so years since moving here. Many of them have seen me through tumultuous times and fantastic ones, as well.  I don't take a one of them for granted, and I feel blessed beyond belief to know that I have so many people in my life who I get to call "friend."    

Two:
I fixed a colorful dinner last night, and I thought I'd take some photos while I prepared everything.  A gal from church wrote a cookbook several years ago and gave us one for our wedding.  This was one of her recipes.  
I fixed a TON of pasta, so I portioned some out into a glass container and set it aside until it cooled.  That (with a some butter, garlic, and parmesan) was my lunch today. :)

It's a healthy and filling meal, and this is the second time I've made it.  I did, however, change a few things (I used red, orange, and yellow bell peppers; her recipe calls for two pounds of several different vegetables.  I also used more balsamic vinegar and parmesan than her recipe calls for, but what can I say?  I love me some balsamic vinegar and parmesan!) 

Ok, I must get back to cleaning! 
I hope you enjoy the rest of this sunny, summer day. 

Comments

  1. So glad Kelli and Brynna are coming for a visit. I know how happy you will be to see them. The pasta dish looks very appetizing and your prep pictures would do a recipe book proud!!!! You can come and cook for us anytime. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing