20 Weeks--Halfway There

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  20 weeks and 1 day today

Size of baby:  The Little One is 6.5 inches long and the size of a small cantaloupe.

Total weight gain/loss: I've gained 9 pounds so far.  

Maternity clothes:   Pre-pregnancy dresses, shirts, and one pair of jeans; maternity shirts and shorts

Gender:  Our Gender Reveal Party is next weekend, and the baby's gender will be revealed to all!

Movement:  Monday afternoon I felt a few kicks and flutters, and I felt them again on Wednesday and Thursday.  That was very exciting! 

Sleep:  I'm sleeping pretty well; the sinus congestion and frequent trips to the bathroom are preventing me from sleeping through the night, but the sleep I am getting seems to be doing the trick.

What I miss:  Sitting or standing for long periods of time without back pain.

Cravings:  Chocolate shakes.  

Symptoms:  My back pain is still there; although Thursday was a back-pain-free day!  Friday, I made it until we were standing at the front of the church singing that night before the pain started up again.  I just have to take more resting breaks.  I have to lie down when I feel it start to come on.  This is going to be difficult while teaching, but I can't go all day long suffering with the back spasms as I have.  It's stressful and painful, and I definitely don't want either of those things transferred to the baby in any way.

Exercise: I went twice to the gym.  It looks like I'll be cutting WAY back on exercise.  Which is upsetting.  I know, though, that it's so important to the well-being of the Little One.   

Best moment this week:  Seeing our sweet baby on the ultrasound screen and watching those darling arms and legs move around.

Easter morning, I had three dresses picked out.  I just knew that ONE of them would fit.  Wrong. :(  This is the only summery/spring-time dress I could fit into because of my expanding ribcage.

Comments

  1. You look beautiful in your flowing, summery dress. Take those much-needed breaks when you need them - everyone wants you to be pain-free and stress-free, so don't hesitate to let others know you need a respite. We can't wait to see you two (and precious baby) at the party. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing