Christmas 2017

This was our second year of doing what is basically a minimalist Christmas. Our kids are young enough to have no idea what the “norm” is for most kids. They don’t expect a lot, and they haven’t really reached the age where they ask for things (mostly because they don’t watch commercials and have no idea what they “should want”).

We started the morning with stockings in their beds, a tradition The Husband’s family always did. I loved it. 
And then, they came downstairs, we sang “happy birthday” to Jesus, and we opened our gifts.

We went with the
“Something they want,
Something they need,
Something to wear,
Something to read”
theme again this year, and it was perfect.  





I love the simplicity of 4 gifts from us. 
I know as they grow, the gifts will be larger and probably of more monetary value, but this year was easy. And they were so excited and so grateful. 




The kids played outside, and then they came in and drank their first cups of hot chocolate. 
This afternoon, my parents and my sister’s family came over, and we celebrated together. It was lovely. My mom did most of the cooking, and everything was great! 












It was a really wonderful day, and I hope yours was as filled with love and laughter as ours was. 
Merry Christmas, from our family to yours!


 ❤️💚🎄💚❤️

Comments

  1. It was a lovely day and we're so glad we could all be together. Thank you, sweetheart, for you and Spencer hosting this year. You haven't been feeling well, so we appreciate you opening your home to all of us. Love all the pictures and I guess we'll have to make the spinach dip breadsticks a permanent feature in future Christmas gatherings.! LOL Maybe, with practice, the "tree" will turn out better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

In the Beginning...There Was a Garden