Another Busy Weekend

This past weekend, The Husband and I drove down to my parents' house.  Our weekend was jam-packed with events and time spent visiting family and friends, and even though it was exhausting, it was well worth it.  
Friday night, we (along with my mom) met up with my aunt and her family and two of my best friends at a benefit concert for the music program at the high school I graduated from.  We had the best time, and Home Free did not disappoint!  If you ever have the opportunity to see them live, do it!  You won't regret it.   
Sometimes I feel like I've known these girls forever ;)

Waiting for the show to start!

Saturday night, my parents, The Husband, and I got all dressed up and headed out to attend the wedding of a guy I've known since middle school.  We were in youth group together, as well.  It was a simple, beautiful wedding.  I'm so happy he's found the perfect gal for him!

The reception was like a youth group reunion :)
Here I am with my good friend Barb (who was also our youth group leader, my Sunday school teacher for years, and the gal I got to student teach under!), my friend Brianne (who was in youth group with me, and who was my "little sis" in our flag corp in high school...I'm sure I've got some high school pictures of us somewhere!), and my friend Cody (who was also in youth group with me and who I was good friends with during college...we even, with the groom, went to Hawaii together to visit The Bestie about ten years ago!). Lots of history there, People :)

This is Ms. Ginger.  She's the mom of the groom and is one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest gals I know.  She was also one of my youth leaders :)

This is only a small sampling of the members of our youth group, but I was glad to see them :)

Here's my friend Mathew!  We've been friends since early middle school.  We also promised to marry one another if we weren't married to other people by the time we were 40, haha! :)

It was a fun but late night, and the four of us finally headed out.  The next day, The Husband and I went to church with my parents and then met up with my sister and her family for a yummy Italian lunch.  Sadly, this sweet picture of The Husband and our niece is the only decent picture we got.  I hope my mom or my sister got some better shots!

The weekend was a great one, but we were wiped out afterward!  I got a stomach bug Sunday night (possibly food poisoning...) and was sick the next few days.  I'm feeling much better now though, thank goodness!

A side note:  While we were in town, we stopped off at The Bestie's house for a visit, and look what she gave me from her mother-in-law!! Isn't it adorable?!  It's even cuter in person!  Whenever we decide to do a nursery, we'll probably decorate it in those colors. We love it and can't wait to use it with our little one!

Also while we were in town, I dropped by my aunt's house, so she could hem/adjust a few dresses for me, and look what she had made for our little guy!  Isn't it pretty?  She made it using lots of scraps from outfits my grandmother used to wear.  It's sweet and soft, and I know Baby Boy will love the bright colors :)

Our friends and family (and even people we've never met!) continue to bless us, and we feel very loved.

Well, that was our weekend.  We have another slightly busy one coming up, and then hopefully the next few weekends will be filled with rest! 

Comments

  1. It was a very busy weekend, but so glad we were able to do all those fun things! So sorry about your tummy problems. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you had tummy problems!!! Whatever you ate might not have agreed with baby boy!! I am so glad I got to see you last weekend :) We need to discuss this Home Free cruise in February!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing