Almost Perfect

Do y'all know what today was?

No?

I didn't either.

Well, apparently, it was "The Husband Loves Me Day."  I didn't realize!
 
This is what I found on the kitchen table this morning when I went to fix breakfast.


I smiled.  Big.

Then, I opened the refrigerator and found these.


I smiled.  Bigger.  (He knows my deep affection for cherry limeades!)

Then, he got up with his alarm the first time it went off (no small feat for that man!), and he joined me in the kitchen with a big grin and an even bigger hug, and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast together.

At lunch, I found a sweet note in my lunch bag from him.

The day only got better from there.

After he picked me up from work, he took me to one of my favorite restaurants, and I got to have my favorite meal there--Mushroom Poblano Quesadillas.  Yum!!

After stuffing ourselves silly with delicious food, we came home and watched an episode of my current favorite show, Downton Abbey (LOVE).  And then, People, he went with me to my class at the gym.  And, he enjoyed it :)

It's been a great day.  A really, really great one.

Often, that man surprises me.  But, this day of surprises was beyond lovely.  It was almost perfect.

Comments

  1. What a good man you are married to. He's going to be a great dad, too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing