14 Weeks - Pregnancy #2

Each Sunday, I'd like to do a highlights post, including a picture, summarizing the differences in my pregnancy from week to week.  I totally "grabbed" this idea from Kelly.  I did this with my pregnancy with Hadley, as well, and I still think it is a great way to jot down the things that I don't want to forget later on.  I'll probably write these on Saturday nights and attach the picture the next day.  That way I can stay semi-technology free :)

*Sidenote*, before we start this week's highlight's post:  Did you ever get a random song stuck in your head for weeks and weeks on end?  For most of this pregnancy, I've had that song "Baby Love" running randomly through my mind.  Mostly, it starts when I'm showering and soaping up my belly (TMI? Sorry...).  I start singing it and talking to the baby.  But, Y'ALL, the lyrics are terrible and should NOT be used in reference to an infant.  Nevertheless, because of this silly song, I've started referring to the baby as my "Baby Love,"and it's stuck. Oh, the shame.  *sigh* I just won't sing it as a bedtime song.  Scout's honor.  

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  14 weeks (2nd Trimester!!)

Size of baby:  Baby Love (haha, I know it sounds ridiculous!) is 3 inches long and the size of a large lemon.

Total weight gain/loss:  As of my last checkup, I had lost four pounds.  So, I suppose once I start gaining I'll count what I weigh currently as my starting weight and go from there. I do know that I've eaten an ENORMOUS amount of food over the last few weeks (sadly, I'm so not exaggerating), so I'm almost positive I've gained that weight back.  We'll see tomorrow.

Maternity clothes:  I am still fully enjoying the COMFORT of maternity clothes.  Whoever invented them is a genius!  My jeans, the Be Band, plus a comfy (yet cute!) maternity top is my favorite go-to outfit.  School starts back up tomorrow though, so I suppose I'll have to jump back into wearing dresses, skirts, and slacks.  *sad face*

Gender:  At our last appointment, the technician and the doctor were both 99.9% sure of their gender guess.  I'd like to wait until I'm a little farther along, and I've had another ultrasound before making that announcement.  There's always that chance they could be wrong; though small it may be.  We're still pondering names.  Mine often get vetoed, and his haven't impressed me much.  It's a work in progress :)

Movement:  I've felt an occasional push or kick in there, but it's very rare.  Like maybe once a week or so.  

Sleep:  Well, I'm still having to make a trip to the bathroom at least two times a night.  That being said, other than my nightly trips, every night this week but Thursday night I've slept so wonderfully.  It helps that I haven't had to get up for work.  I've gotten between eight and ten hours of sleep each night, and I am BEYOND thankful.  Holy insomnia was Thursday night rough, though.  I'll be super happy if those kinds of nights will leave me the heck alone!  

What I miss:  Hmmm, queso at Mexican food restaurants.

Cravings:  An occasional Chocolate Frosty or chocolate shake.  I have had a strange hankering for sweet things (I'm not generally a candy/sweets kind of person) like those strawberry flavored sour straws and gummy-anything.  

Symptoms:   Even with all of that extra sleep, I'm still tired.
The dizziness has kicked in.  Yay.
Those joint pains in my pelvis have been acting up, and that causes some discomfort but not terrible.
I feel like I'm hungry All. The.  Time.
I'm still visiting the bathroom quite frequently.
I've got  LOTS of eczema that's reared it's ugly head lately.
But, everything else has been pretty good! :)

Exercise:  I've tried to do at least a few Pilates stretches each day.  Not much else since it's been so cold and rainy lately.  I'm ready to go walking again as soon as the sun decides to shine! 

Best moment this week:  This doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy, but my favorite moment this week was watching Les Miserables with The Husband last night and making it through the ENTIRE 157 minutes without having to rush off to the restroom.  That's including the giant slushy he and I shared.  Soooo good.  But, boy did I race to that restroom as soon as the movie ended.  :)    

14 Weeks - I now FEEL pregnant LOOK pregnant!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to hear how this OB appointment has gone!!! So glad you were able to get lots of rest this past week. You have a very sweet "baby bump!" :) Since I don't know the lyrics to "Baby Love," is it okay if I refer to this sweet little one as "Your Baby Love?" Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing