I know I left you all in suspense. Right now I'm running on very little sleep (we were awake for 25 hours straight, & I've slept an hour and 45 minutes total since then), so this is more informative and less story-like--his birth story will come later. I have to tell it, at some point, because it was nothing short of amazing. And traumatic. And I may have to gather more details from those who might remember it more clearly. So, without further ado... (And with a very grainy picture from my iPad taken in the early light of day--6:45), I'd like to introduce you to our son. Jack Campbell Born on 6-11-13 at 1:11 am (he's almost 6 hours old) Weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces (praise God!!) and measuring 18.5 inches long. He's entirely too precious for words. We feel ridiculously tired and immeasurably blessed. Thank you for praying!
Y'all, I'm feeling the itch. It's more of a tick, really. We've got this huge backyard (which really is not very pretty right now...I'm sure the overcast weather isn't helping my view), and I am itching, ticking, jonesing to start a garden. I love flowers, but I'd rather plant veggies and fruit. The problem is that I have no idea where to begin. None. I've searched and searched on Pinterest, and there are tons of blog posts and articles about gardening, but I'm having trouble just getting started. What do I do first? When do I plant? What kind of soil? How much sun/shade? Where do I plant? Side of the yard? Back of the yard? Along the fence? Out in the middle? What do I plant? Cucumbers, definitely. Bell peppers, most likely. But, what else? What's your favorite, easily grown fruit/vegetable? What pests do I need to worry about? I also need to keep in mind that I have two ...
**Hehehehe. My blog post title made me giggle.** If you stayed tuned and saw on FB that we'd be announcing this afternoon, then you're in luck. So, without further adieu, Jack and Ella will be doing the honors. Now, go on ahead and post in the comments what you guessed :) I was right early on but then changed my mind, so any guess was a good one!
We did have fun, didn't we! Love the pictures of Jack on his new tricycle and Ella with her sweet, first baby doll. Love you.
ReplyDelete