I know I left you all in suspense. Right now I'm running on very little sleep (we were awake for 25 hours straight, & I've slept an hour and 45 minutes total since then), so this is more informative and less story-like--his birth story will come later. I have to tell it, at some point, because it was nothing short of amazing. And traumatic. And I may have to gather more details from those who might remember it more clearly. So, without further ado... (And with a very grainy picture from my iPad taken in the early light of day--6:45), I'd like to introduce you to our son. Jack Campbell Born on 6-11-13 at 1:11 am (he's almost 6 hours old) Weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces (praise God!!) and measuring 18.5 inches long. He's entirely too precious for words. We feel ridiculously tired and immeasurably blessed. Thank you for praying!
Y'all, I'm feeling the itch. It's more of a tick, really. We've got this huge backyard (which really is not very pretty right now...I'm sure the overcast weather isn't helping my view), and I am itching, ticking, jonesing to start a garden. I love flowers, but I'd rather plant veggies and fruit. The problem is that I have no idea where to begin. None. I've searched and searched on Pinterest, and there are tons of blog posts and articles about gardening, but I'm having trouble just getting started. What do I do first? When do I plant? What kind of soil? How much sun/shade? Where do I plant? Side of the yard? Back of the yard? Along the fence? Out in the middle? What do I plant? Cucumbers, definitely. Bell peppers, most likely. But, what else? What's your favorite, easily grown fruit/vegetable? What pests do I need to worry about? I also need to keep in mind that I have two ...
Yesterday, Ella turned 3 1/2. My cough has been pretty terrible, and attempting asking a bunch of questions to a toddler sounded less than fun. So, I didn't. But I didn't want it to get too far away and me forget, so I decided to do it right after breakfast today. This is last year's interview . What a HUGE difference! I miss her tiny voice, but I love how verbal she is now. For the most part, she speaks clearly, and she expresses herself well. We love listening to her sing and pretend with her baby and other dolls.
I don't know how, but I'll bet it was very painful!!
ReplyDeleteIt was!! My knuckle is still swollen and hurts a lot when I try to bend it.
DeleteI'm sure it had something to do with The Husband and of course was his fault.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I wish! The foolishness, unfortunately, was all mine. :(
DeleteSorry about the sprain, but sure was glad to see the two of you (and the kitties)!! Love you.
ReplyDeleteWe loved seeing y'all, too!
Delete