16 Weeks--aka 4 Months!!

Saturday, my amazingly-handy father-in-law came over to help install a ceiling fan (with lights).  The nursery ceiling has NEVER had a fan or light.  Isn't that weird?  Did you ever live somewhere that one or more of the rooms didn't have at least a light in the ceiling?  The switch on the wall was connected to the outlet closest to it.  So strange!

Anyway, he and The Husband worked for hours climbing in and out of the attic (via a very small opening in our closet and a precarious-looking ladder) to move wiring and do all the things that are involved when a fan/light is installed for the very first time.  Hence, the reason I don't have any pictures of the actual guys doing the labor :(
Anyway, the end product looks GREAT! Thanks, boys!!  I can't wait to get even more accomplished in there.
Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:  16 weeks and 1 day today

Size of baby:  The Little One is 4-5 inches long and the size of an avocado.

Total weight gain/loss: Since I've been sick for over a week, I guess my appetite wasn't what it should have been.  I think I actually lost at least a pound during that time but gained back half a pound in time for my obgyn appointment on Thursday.  So, in all, since finding out I was pregnant at 4 1/2 weeks, I've gained 4 pounds. 

Maternity clothes:   I wear any dresses and loose-fitting skirts/tops in my closet.  I loved wearing jeans until the end of this week.  I do not enjoy leaving the top button undone (though I know it's completely acceptable when I'm wearing a long top). My friend Kelli gave me a belly band, but I haven't broken down and worn it yet.  Maybe this coming week :). 

Gender:  We have a feeling (although it could just be a preference, haha), but we don't know the sex of the baby yet.  We can't wait for our Gender Reveal party which will be happening soon!!!

Movement:  I haven't felt any movement yet, but I'm told I could start feeling flutters any day now!

Sleep:  My friend Amy *the one who let me borrow her body pillow* found out THE night after she gave it to me that she's expecting! She said I can borrow it for however long since she's behind me by several months.  I thought that was lovely of her. :)  So, that being said,  the body pillow has become my new best friend.  My back (and tailbone) send their thanks!

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back; wearing jeans.

Cravings:  Chocolate shakes.  

Symptoms:    I'm hungry.  Often.  Here's a picture of a DELICIOUS bagel I had at work on Friday.


Here's another shot just so you can see the yummy-ness that was this bagel.
Just looking at it makes me want another one.  Yes, I used three small containers of cream cheese on two halves of a bagel.  And, yes, if I had had four small containers, I would have used the fourth, as well.  I think I'm going to be picking up bagels and cream cheese at the grocery store this week.  That's healthy, right?

Exercise:  :(  I've been sick since last Friday with bronchitis and either a bad cold or severe allergies.  The gym was not on my list of to-do's.  Well, actually it was, but I think it would have been unwise of me (and unkind of me) to try jogging on the elliptical while knowing that any second I could begin having a coughing fit and *generously* share my germs with those around me.  But, this coming week is Spring Break, baby, and I'll be raring to head down the road to the gym as often as I can.  

Best moment this week:  We heard The Little One's heartbeat on Thursday at my appointment!  It was 151 bpm this time (compared with 165 bpm at 12 weeks).  The tech said it sounded great!  I googled fetal heart rates to see what they "predict," and everything I read said that the theory of using the heart rate to predict gender doesn't prove accurate.  Bummer! Oh, well, it's still fun to guess!

Here are two shots of the belly this week.  You know, because I didn't post one last week and all.  
  
 And also, I just wanted a shot focused on the belly and one not to compare. :)
By the way, it was VERY rainy and chilly Sunday morning before church.  My choice of attire was one of cuteness and comfort and not one of practicality.   

Comments

  1. You and your sweet "belly" are just too cute!! :) Pregnancy becomes you - you are glowing. The guys did a great job with the fan, and I know you are going to love all that wonderful breeze in the good ol' summer time!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts on what I've posted. Thanks so much for sharing them with me! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings (5/4)

Introducing....

A Little Revealing